Monday, August 30, 2004

Brown is the new blonde...

I've temporarily returned to Bloggerland. I lay in bed every night and compose what I think are *awesome* entries and then I sit down at this fine machine and *poof* --- vanished into thin air. I know I've talked about this before... but I become more and more befuddled as this continues to happen.

Things have been right-o crazy at this joint. Kids have been arriving and I really don't think registration will ever end. The weekend proved to be a much needed fun time before school starts. I love how when the week starts I have all these "weekend plans". The actual weekend plans are always so different than what I orginally plan. For example--- this weekend was the Tight Lies Tour and nine holes at Wood Hollow with Shane. Man, oh man... can we just say that I might marry my six iron. He gave me more lovin' than I've ever gotten in my entire life! Seriously... and my putter... she's just a ho! Gettin' all around town. I think Shane likes her! ;-)

I wish I could just play golf everyday. It really is one of the better 7 Wonders of the Modern World. I need to just live on a golf course. You don't have to talk or answer any questions. It's just you and the ball. And maybe a few divots. I had a wonderful discovery this weekend...

It's confirmed.. I HAVE ADD!!

Yep... and here's why! When I golf, I always lose track of my score. I can't remember from one shot to the next because this is what happens: I tee off... and by the time I walk the 100 some odd yards to my ball I've thought about lots of stuff... and then I hit again... and I'm still thinking about whatever I was thinking about... and the next thing I know I'm two putting and I can't remember how I got there!!

Potcake informed me several weeks ago that I was ADD. She had read an article in Newsweek or TIME or USA Today about adults with ADD and she's convinced that I have it. The more I think about it... the more she's right. I have a hard time focusing when people are talking to me and there is a lot of other stuff going on to distract me. At the same time... I can tune out people at work. I get in my cubicle and just go to town... never look up. Pat Green in the CD player and I'm good to go. So maybe I need to see someone...

Well... I best be gettin' er dun!


No comments: