Tuesday, August 10, 2004

Accessories are Necessities

First off... take a seat. Yes, pull up a plush chair and pour yourself a cold one. (a "cold one" meaning a coke, sweet tea... that sorta thing)

This is gonna be a long one simply because I've neglected My Precious for several days.

Here's to Monday's--
Ok so I head out the door for work on Monday AM. I'm really proud of myself because I've been arriving in the office by 8:15-8:30 for the past two weeks and I'm just p-r-o-u-d. So, since I have a can't-miss-even-if-I'm-dying meeting on Mondays, this helps my arrive by 8:30 habit. I'm not feeling fabulous about my outfit either. If you're a girl-- you'll get that. I arrive at work and a downpour ensues. I'm bending over to reach onto my trunk to get my umbrella and I'm SOAKED!

Then... I'm COLD and WET. Ick. Bad hair. Ick ick ick. So I head to the first of meetings that will last until lunch. I'm not exagerrating either. I'm talking consecutive meetings until noon. Who said having a job was fun?? THEY LIED.

Things got better. The sun came out and I got a phone call that allowed me to vent! :-)

As I'm typing I'm getting frustrated because I had all these funny things to put on here and now *poof* they're gone! Vanished into thin air! Argh...

So to continue with my incessant ramblings--
I have to be the MOST BLESSED person alive. Seriously. I get so frustrated with myself when I doubt God. I always have a smidge of doubt that this time is the time I will crater. Yep... folks the ship is going down -- I'll think to myself. But God comes along-- 100% of the time -- and sends a friend or some ray of light. Not to sound like Madonna, but I do hum that song when those blessings happen! I got to see my friend PB down at the Print Shop today! It was too cool seeing her in her element with all those papers and machines and ink. Just made me wanna buy school supplies.

Speaking of which-- I really like the erasers that you stuck on the top of your pencils. They were shaped like little caps for the pencils to wear and came in different colors. Weren't those cool??

Then, click pencils came into being. The ones with the retractable lead. Yeah, baby. Talk about technology. Erasable pens too. I mean-- some one was thinking when they thought of those. I mean... the ink's there one minute... and BAMMM!! (Emeril style) gone the next. It was perfect for my sixth grade, fickle heart. (We weren't allowed to use erasable pens until we were sixth graders) I could easily love Trent one minute and Patrick the next. Ahh... when things weren't complicated. All you had to do was play MASH and your life plan was set.

WYWYWBM #9: "....you had me at hello...." --Kenny Chesney


No comments: