Thursday, September 16, 2004

...the wanderer...

So, I'm kickin' it at the parents house for a couple of days. Always a good thing. I rekindled the flame with Rhett, my brother's chocolate lab. That dog has more energy...

I was hanging out with my mom today and she started making fun of me for being an introverted extrovert. We started laughing because I get cranky when I haven't had enough "alone time". It's really hilarious. I come off as this super-social person, but in reality I'm really not.

On another note... this week has been tough for the girls on Redmon. We suffered out first loss together. We are so blessed to have each other to lean on during this difficult time. We lost a friend that has been with us since The Very Beginning. This friend was there late at night. She was one of those old souls who would listen as long as you talked and wouldn't mind if you balled up your fist and hit her when you were frustrated with life. She was a Gringo just like me, Laura and Dre. It took her awhile to get used to Vanessa's spanish accent and it's probably a good thing that our Gringo friend only understood english - cause then she wasn't able to understand the hateful things Vanessa would yell at her in espanol.

Our Gringo went on to Dryer Heaven this week. She had been ailing for the past month and we had several close calls. We thought we had lost her for good back in July-- but she made a comeback. She was strong for us. An extra heavy load of jeans did her in this week. Poor thing-- I think she was probably a smoker in her younger years. So... if you could be patient with the Redmon girls this week, we'd appreciate it. We're having to air dry all our clothes and whether we'll admit it or not... we're all Harriet Margarets!

1 comment:

jasien said...

no one comments I suppose, but I'm an extremist, always ready to go against the grain of reason. I have created a blog. It can be viewed at jasien.blogspot.com. I enjoyed meeting you.