Thursday, September 23, 2004

the series to end all series...

Shane is blogging about his sports moments and so is Mike. I think Vanessa is starting something about all her accomplishments. I've thought this through, and when you think of the main difference between boys and girls it's this-- the boys were playing sports and they girls were writing love notes. (except for me and I was playing golf... but that's another story)

So I've decided to chronicle my boyfriends. Dumb, you say? Yes. Hilarious- definitely.

Kyle
So we'll start with Kyle. You know everyone has a first - and he was mine. Kyle met all the basic requirements I had established: tall, dark and handsome. Kyle and I met in Ms. Trimble's 1st grade class. We both wanted to be astronauts and our favorite song in Music class was "My Little Dog Germs". We were both student council representatives for our class. We sat with our backs to each other in class, (I sat across from Escar Luna. One time, he threw up on his desk in class, right after we had returned from lunch. He had consumed his weight in chili dogs. Ick.) but we knew that when Recess came we could meet at the tiki hut on the playground and make plans to take over Montgomery Elementary. Our plan was to revolt against the third grade student council president, get married (I'd be Mrs. Kyle Brewer!!) and take over the school. Then we'd become astronauts and honeymoon on the moon.

You can probably guess what happened since my last name is still Rountree. His parents got divorced, he moved to Tyler... and the rest is history. I played in a golf tournament a couple of years ago with him. He wasn't taller than me anymore. And he didn't want to be an astronaut anymore either-- I asked.

No comments: