Monday, September 27, 2004

Chronicles of Boyfriendia-Numero Dos

feeling uninspired...

I've been giving the Chronicles serious thought. Who is worthy of the chronicles? Not too many to my displeasure. So, here is the much anticipated Numero Dos.

Philip
Philip was a great guy. He met the "Surfer Guy" boyfriend requirement that every girl has. (Yes.. there is a list of guy types out there. Before a girl goes off and gets hitched she has to date 5 out of the types!) Well... I say "Surfer Guy". As close to surfer type as you can get in podunk East Texas. Philip was the heir to an asphalt fortune and he was born the day after me. Our moms shared hospital rooms - so naturally one would think that our love was meant to be. Philip had this great smile... ah, just thinking about it still makes me a wee bit weak in the knees. Oh, wait-- that's just my caffeine kicking in. Nevermind.

Philip and I had a tumultuous relationship. You see... we both were elected officials at Montgomery Elementary (3rd grade) and at Northside Intermediate (5th grade). In the third grade - I ran for President-- and guess what??? So did The Asphalt King. He won, but I got the second highest number of votes, so I was the Vice President. We were destined to take over the world - one elementary school at a time.

Around Christmastime of our third grade year, Philip gave me a necklace. Then he broke up with me. I think for Raven Taliferro, who was WAY too tomboy'ish for me... but who cares?

THEN, (oh yes it gets better) Philip and I meet up again at the fifth grade presidential elections. We're both running for president... except this time it's all or nothing. If I lose... I lose. No consolotory Vice President. Just regular old Class Representative. All my friends are saying to just run for VP, cause there's no way I'll lose that race. Philip has pulled out all the stops with his fancy buttons that say "Vote for PHILIP". I've just got homemade posters plastered everywhere. Come on! It's the 5th grade for crying out loud!! Personally, I think there were illegal campaign contributions - but it's all water under the bridge now.

Anyway (sorry for the deviation), election day comes and we're required to give speeches. I put on my homemade dress (even though I wasn't homeschooled yet... the genes were already in place) and I must say.. this dress was AWESOME. I was red, yellow and denim striped and had the cute little sailor buttons on it. My speech BLEW Philip's out of the water... but he was more popular than me with the boys and the girls... so he WON. Yep. I lost to an asphalt magnate. Whaddya think of that? Anyway-- he went to A&M. So I should've known. Those state school boys will get 'ya everytime.

No comments: