Tuesday, June 29, 2004

ain't no sunshine...

well. it's officially crazy. I am officially crazy. Let me just tell you how much I hate cancer. I hated it before. I was involved in Relay for Life. I gave to the American Cancer Society on a regular basis. In fact, it was the only organization that I gave to regularly.

Now, I'm glad. Cancer is horrible. It's an awful thing that steals people's lives. I hate it. I thought that there wasn't anything that could hurt any worse than a broken relationship. That's the most hurt that I had ever felt. That pain is infinitesimal in comparison to having cancer strike one's family. It the most awful, painful, incomprehensible thing to ever exist. Once again I will say-- I hate it.

Amidst all this, extremely good things happen. I went running today and it began to rain. I was far from home too. I am having a hard time adjusting my workout schedule and I even feel selfish when I leave the house, but I need the time to myself. Driving to and from work in the car doesn't count because my cell phone still exists there! :sigh: that thing will be the death of me yet.

Anyway, to run in the rain was like God giving me a bath. When you're a little kid a your mom bathes you it's just fun! That's how it felt today.

You know what else- I have awesome friends. My friend Mike just walked up to me today and said, "Beth, you are so beautiful." I was shocked! He said it to me last week and I made a reference to it, but I want to just thank Mike for being so encouraging. The even cooler thing is that he's like that with everyone! Mike then went on to tell me that I was going to make some man so very happy and whoever "got me" was one lucky guy. That shocked me even more! Thank you, Mike. You'll never be able to comprehend how much that meant.

And the third and final good thing of Tuesday was that Bryan called. Actually is wasn't that he called... it was when he called. I had left my parents house and was headed to work. I was on the verge of tears, but was afraid if I started crying I wouldn't be able to see the road. My cell phone rings and it's his custom ringtone. I begin bawling. He just said that he was thinking about me and wanted to call and check on me. I cried and he listened. I kept crying and he just let me cry while he spoke words of encouragement.

In lieu of WYWYWBM-#3 I want to thank all the people who have concerned themselves with me in some form or fashion. I never get sick of answering, "How's your Mom?" "Is your Mom ok?" I know they all care! Crazy, huh? So, if you've read this far tack your name on to the list of Emmy & Shawn, Brad, Katherine, Vanessa, Laura, Dre, Megan, Bryan, Mike...

BBoisterous
EElitist
TTechnological
HHot

Name / Username:


Name Acronym Generator
From Go-Quiz.com

1 comment:

Deena said...

Your "WYWYWBM" list is trippin me out. keep up the posting! love the new look ;)