Monday, January 24, 2005

I don't wanna grow up....

So.... who's the PSYCHO that invented MLK Blvd???? Here I am- just driving up to the church and decide to take a little short cut (that's where the MLK Blvd comes in) and the next thing I know... I'm petrified a la The Village.

I promise you, it was like I was in a TOTALLY DIFFERENT COUNTRY. Now, don't go making this about race (I'm talking to you VANESSA!). It has nothing to do with that. But, it totally has something to do with the fact that I live in a completely URBAN area that should have paved roads. And employed citizens, but that's another story.

So, to give you the start to finish run down (in case you want to personally experience the joy ride): I leave work (good 'ol LETU) and head east on Birdsong. Now, last time I checked Eastman and MLK were parallel... and in theory they are, to a point. I arrive at the Cotton/MLK intersection and instead of going east like a NORMAL person would do I think to myself,

"Hum.... the street sign says 'MLK' so I guess it keeps going..."

It's not like I had time to waste so I'm not quite sure why I thought I could be adventuresome. That kind of thing is reserved for trips with Laura. Anyway, I go straight... and whaddya know? Hello scaryness. I'm talking gimme-a-read-suit-and-put-me-on-the-Walker-Reserve scary. So, I was late to the church... but alive. Glory Be to Jesus.

Oh, yeah I almost forgot. Not only was I in a time crunch because of my detour and subsequent re-navigation, but MLK has THREE school zones. Yeah baby. How d'ya like me now? HUH? Bring some more 'o that 20 MPH spirit. So, for future reference MLK if off limits!

No comments: