Thursday, June 07, 2007

Maybe I'm pregnant?!?





So that's the reason my back was hurting today! I'm pregnant! Not really...that's how rumors get started. But I can totally sympathize with this chick. I wear heels 6 days a week. I noticed several months (maybe more like a year or so) ago that when I wore ballet flats my hips and lower back would have a dull ache. I chalked it up to old age or the early on-set of arthritis. (I can't believe I even just mentioned those two terms... it's like I already have one foot in the grave.)
I would say that I am very aware when it comes to my body and I acknowledge that a couple of skiing injuries and a family history of arthritis make me a likely candidate for aches and pains at a young age. I also realized that on the days I was wearing ballet flats were the days that I wasn't feeling up to par, so it was to be expected that I feel a few aches and pains.
So, one day when I had worn flats all day and then changed into heels for an evening out I realized that the pain magically disappeared. Then... months later I read the above linked article in New York-The Magazine's Look Book I realized my problem. My body is so acclimated to wearing heels that it rejects anything else. Even super comfy Cobians. (Which, btw are the only things you should put on your feet save Manolos.)
So -mystery foiled. Just call me Matlock!

1 comment:

Silverthornes said...

I honestly believe that! I wore heels all the time before I got pregnant and then had to readjust to flats in my 3rd trimester...I believe it caused me even more pain than I would have had otherwise. Great job. You're a regular Colombo.