Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Four Letter Words

Yeah, I know what four letter words you were thinking about. No- I'm not talking about that kind! Shame on you! Although, I do have a strong aversion to those four letter words; I'm thinking of other four letter words which are unrelated but often grouped together this time of year. As I twisted the ring on my left hand that has these three words inscribed I started thinking. (Note: that's usually when it gets a little scary!)

I knew what the phrase meant ? but what did the words meant?


So, LeNerdo Beth got out her dictionary. I am part of a generation that has a difficult time with these words individually - not to mention the phrase. It's tough to have all three plates spinning.

True- Wow!I have a hard time being true. I'd like to think that it's because I "don't want to hurt anyone's feelings", but in reality I'm just protecting myself from the hurt I might feel if I'm truthfully true.

true: truthful, real, genuine, faithful (as to a friend), to vow as to a cause; loyal.


Love- :cue laughing: Examples of love are few in this carnal world. The definition of love is best shown in Christ's death for us. We humans attempt to show love in our families and friendships - but it always seems to fall short somehow.

love: a feeling of intense desire and attraction toward a person with whom one is disposed [willing] to make a pair

Wait- Are you KIDDING ME? Wait on what? I have a microwave, the internet and a cell phone. I can't remember the last time I had to wait. Actually - I did have to wait a meager 7.5 minutes at the bank today because the elderly lady in front of me had a question about her checking account. I was all upset because the one time I needed to actually enter the bank (and ::gasp:: interact with a real live bank teller!) I had to wait! Imagine that! I don't know how to wait! I hate to drive anywhere further than Houston, TX because I'll have to wait to get there!

wait: to remain or rest in expectation, to remain temporarily neglected or to postpone

So - as I climb down from my soapbox please realize that I'm not trying to say I've conquered these issues. By no means! I just want to encourage you to renew your commitment not only in the typical abstinence based "True Love Waits" way that we traditionally think of, but also in the true-love-waits-before-throwing-a-big-hissy-fit-because-things-aren't-going-
my-way sense as well. 'Cause doesn't love make the world go 'round? It sure makes
the boy at Bodacious a lot easier on the eyes when he's not making my Mel-Man quick enough*!


*this is a disclaimer. I am in no way attracted [love] to the boy over at Bodacious. I was just trying to lighten up my post with a little humor. Geez... folks. I'll get married one day. I wouldn't complain if it was to Mr. Bodacious either! He'd come home smelling soooo scrumptious! But... that's another post on another day. Geez... folks. Always thinking I'm all about the men! Sheesh!

No comments: