Monday, April 23, 2007


Some special things are to be found in Longview. As if the example above wasn't good enough I, again, was asking myself, "Did I just see that?" last week.


A rather large banner said:

Acceptance

Insurance


I thought to myself, "Surely not." I mean, group this right in there with thigh creams and Midol. That stuff is a hoax. Have things become so bad that people will pay for acceptance insurance? And how, exactly, does this 'acceptance insurance' work? And for fun we're gonna call this insurance 'AI'. Working in the medical field has this weird way of making you turn everything into an acronym. But I digress...
Does this AI protect you from rejection? If a guy wants to ask a girl out that's waaaaay over his head (are you listenin' Andrew?) can he buy this acceptance insurance and it guarantee that she'll say yes?
By golly - I gotta get me some of this Acceptance Insurance.
With AI I won't get turned down when I ask for a raise or a mortgage or even for a date night. Man... who came up with this? They're genius!!!
You and I both know I'm joking around about this acceptance insurance - but how much do you wanna bet that if I were to take a MySpace ad and advertise 'acceptance insurance' I'd have a few takers?
It really makes one think about how much we all need to feel accepted now and again.

No comments: