Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Chronicles of Boyfriendia-The Ones That Never Were

This entry is for the the guys who never attained boyfriend status... but deserve props! These guys gave me most of my material! So, they will remain unnamed lest they come and try to claim the profits from my million dollar book deal. (I'm convinced that I'm the next Bridget Jones minus the alcohol, cursing and cigarettes.)



Mr. Unattainable
-- the guy I TOTALLY crushed on in Junior High. Everyone has one. I never thought I'd ever actually go out with him!! But... the same girl who was involved with COB #7 set me up with Micah Pettit last summer. WOW! It was so funny to actually catch up with him. *shhhh-- I never let him in on the secret that he was my Junior high crush, didn't want it to go to his head*

Micah also introduced me to Jack Johnson. (I know Laura is thankful for that!)

The Lawyer/City Boy
...he was a Democrat. And divorced. But he drove a truck! I know I sound terribly shallow, but it's just a cover for my vulnerability. He had a knack for catching me when I was about to freak out because of my mom. I have this "never let 'em see you cry" rule... and since I couldn't see him... I could cry and not feel guilty. I'm forever indebted...

My First Old Man/Mercy Date
I think every girl goes out on one of two types of dates in her lifetime: An Old Man or A Mercy Date. Mine just happened to be combined into one. Lucky me. ::said while rolling my eyes:: This dude was, like, 32 years old!!! He was the first divorcee that I went on a date with. Sicko. He tried to kiss me and it was just awful!! I gave him the cold cheek and politely avoided his day-after-follow-up-call. I'm sooo glad that's over!

The Man Who Drove A Car
This guy would've never have ever gotten the time of day because "must drive a truck" is the first, most important item on Beth's To-Be-Or-Not-To-Be Boyfriend Checklist. But... recently it has come under attack from reconnaissance forces, so it's being re-evaluated. Anyway - he drove a car (a very nice one I must admit). He also was "artsy". ::gasp:: Probably the most opposite person (in comparison to myself) that I could have ever gone on a date with.

Mr. Rebound
I saw it from a mile away... and did it anyway! I don't know what I was thinking!! He was incredibly cute... it was winter... I was really uncomfortable with my new singleness...

1 comment:

jasien said...

So what ended up happening with these guys?